Product Specialist – Analysis Software
XORE is hiring for an analysis software product specialist to support current products in the field and future innovations in development.
XORE is a Swedish supplier of analysis equipment to the global mining industry. We’re a growing company with a foundational product technology that’s long been established in its sector. Our work environment is one where all opinions and ideas are welcome. Here, close collaboration with our clients is one of our greatest strengths, and it’s how we help them improve their operations along with our products. Together, we develop, optimize, and enhance instruments that increase efficiency. Each client’s needs are unique, so we believe innovative solutions are not “one size fits all.” Our head office is in the city of Skellefteå in the heart of Sweden’s mining industry, just 200 kilometers south of the Arctic Circle.
To keep pace with increasing business, we are looking for an analysis software product specialist to develop and customize our products in cooperation with our clients.
Job duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will be working with our on-stream analyzers that are part of the Boxray product line, but also with products still in research and development. The job will require close cooperation with clients to understand their needs and incorporate their feedback, and then apply that knowledge to fine-tune analyzers that are in operation at client locations, as well as to develop new features and products to further future sales.
The responsibilities of this role include:
● Gathering customer data and feedback, and screening it for potential improvements and/or product development
● Writing design specifications for products
● Creating programming code for the product in various languages (C, Python, HTML, etc)
● Implementing new features in product software
● Providing input on mechanical and electrical designs
● Troubleshooting products via remote desktop and on site when necessary
● Answering support questions from users and sales staff
● Communicating with clients and suppliers effectively
● Working hands-on with our installed products at client locations, dealing with software issues and basic mechanical and electrical parts
Where you’ll be working:
The work location for this role could be discussed, but ideally, it is at the XORE office in Skellefteå. The role also requires some travel to client locations around the world.
● Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, or similar degree
● Some experience with data processing, visualizing, and understanding
● Programming languages, for example C, Python, HTML
Skills and abilities
● Capable of working both autonomously and in a team environment
● Strong communication skills (English, but also Swedish, both written and verbal) with good interpersonal skills that allow you to work effectively as contributor and as a team member or a leader
● Multi-task and prioritize in a high-paced environment, meeting goals and time frames even under sometimes stressful situations
● Possess an analytical mind with a keen eye for detail and the desire to probe further into data
● An adventurous sense of travel, comfortable with international trips to remote locations
Send your application and CV to email@example.com
Applications are evaluated continuously.